Idrus

Automated COVID-19 vaccination appointments for a government agency

Innovative software company Idrus has automated the registration process for mass COVID-19 vaccinations for residents of Cantabria in Spain. Working with the regional government of Cantabria, Idrus developed a voice bot based on Voximplant to help residents make vaccination appointments. This simplified the registration procedure as the bot directly calls each citizen to indicate the date, time and place that corresponds for their vaccination.

Our product S-Query is able to make the appointments for the vaccination in natural language making it very easy for all the people to interact with the bot. The voice-bot called “Jano” is able to make the process very effective and friendly. We not only make the registration for vaccination, but we take note of those who cannot go and what is the cause.

Carlos Recio Calzada
Director General, Idrus

Problem

Resource-intensive calls to schedule vaccinations

The population of Cantabria exceeds 500,000. To personally inform all residents about mass vaccination, it would be necessary not only to open a separate call center, but also to hire a large number of operators. This, in turn, would result in additional costs and drag out the duration of the vaccination process.

Solution

Automated voice-bot calls

Idrus' in-house product, S-QUERY telephony software, is based on the Voximplant platform and works in natural language. Using this product, the company managed to develop a bot that calls up residents of Cantabria on a daily basis to notify them about the opportunity to sign up for vaccinations and find a convenient time for everyone. The telephone campaign is done manually: every day the manager downloads contact information for the calls to be made and then activates the bot.


The average conversation with the bot lasts for 1.5 minutes. Using speech synthesis and recognition, the bot first confirms the respondent’s ID, then tries to find out whether he/she would like to be vaccinated. If the answer is affirmative, the bot reads out an available date and time, asks to confirm the appointment, after which it thanks the respondent and ends the conversation. If the answer is negative, the bot attempts to find out why the respondent declined the vaccination offer.


Those who refuse, fail to respond, or reject the proposed date are later contacted by a live operator who offers a convenient vaccination date or confirms the refusal.


If the call is redirected to voicemail, the bot interrupts the call. Idrus submits the call results to the client at the end of every day.

How it Works

HTTP API

Script integration with any application

SDKs

Tools for rapid application development

Text-To-Speech

Synthesis of a unique voice for speaking to customers

Speech-To-Text

Speech recognition and natural language processing

Voice Recording

Call recording for quality assurance

Call Lists

Mass call campaigns

Results

Convenient and effective automated calls

The voice bot was able to perform the amount of work that live operators would hardly have been able to do in such a short time, on average, the bot sets appointments for 8,000 residents per week. Thus, more than 75% of the respondents accept the proposed date of vaccination, and the other 25% give the reason for their refusal. The respondents also noted how friendly the voice bot was. 

 

 

The goal is to manage the vaccination against COVID-19 in Cantabria in the most efficient way, speeding up the citation processes by reducing the workload of our professionals in the repetitive procedures to make appointments and thus freeing up time that they can dedicate to tasks of much greater added value for patients and to provide the best possible service to citizens.

Santiago Garcia
CIO, Department of Health of the Regional Government of Cantabria

Automated COVID-19 vaccination appointments for a government agency

Idrus specializes in innovative software solutions for call centers. The company develops AI solutions that free operators from routine tasks and cut company costs.

Employee count

6

Project start date

2021

Location

Spain

Automation area

Customer Service