A couple weeks ago, Amazon Web Services (AWS) experienced an outage in its US-EAST-1 region. As so many services rely on AWS, this outage had a broader impact, causing outages and various issues with Amazon’s own Ring services, online retailers, and even the New York City MTA. In addition, a couple major Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) providers also reported issues (Voximplant was not impacted), potentially impacting the communications of many of their customers. With this in mind, now is a good time to look at how CPaaS offers leverage public cloud infrastructure and review the factors involved in providing reliable, high quality communications services. In this post we will review the public cloud infrastructure used by several major CPaaS vendors and discuss the implications of their choices.
Voice Recognition API captures human speech in real-time, transcribes it, and returns it via text. By converting speech to text, you can process live or prerecorded audio, and receive transcriptions and summaries/interpretations with high speed and precision.
As a quickly developing area of artificial intelligence and machine learning, speech recognition enables the following capabilities:
- Call recording transcription: one of the benefits of transcribing calls is improving training and analyzing feedback for call center employees. This helps you identify business problems using an evidence-based methodology.
- Smart interactive voice response (IVR): you can computerize interactions with callers, information collecting, and call routing to the appropriate recipient.
- Quick data processing: this functionality can be used for purposes like generating and analyzing larger quantities of data.
- End-of-utterance detection: the software accurately determines the starting and ending points, which is an essential preprocessing stage for various speech applications.
Why Should you Switch to Voice API?
Below are some ways how this functionality can improve your current communication system:
- Forward-looking technology
- Ease of use and deployment
- Automation of data processing tasks
- Optimized use of human resources
- Improved customer engagement
- Support of global user base and several languages
Companies of all sizes now realize how APIs could be a major breakthrough in terms of customer communication and daily employee interactions. Robust systems, such as the one from Voximplant, will continue to play a critical role in enabling transformation among business communication systems. Try now!