How to Cut HR Workload in Half With the Bot Recruiter
Typical HR Problems
We want to quickly process candidates. The first request that customers ask an IT solutions provider is how to increase the productivity of recruiters. The main goal in this case is to increase quality, not quantity.
We want to avoid the mundane tasks. Automation of simple processes becomes a step towards this goal: an increasing number of companies understand that manual dialing and data entry in an Excel spreadsheet take up valuable time and decrease productivity.
We want to reduce the cost of the candidate. Finally, customers expect the robot to save money. However, this expectation is rarely based on clear calculations and understanding at what stage the bot is able to reduce costs. From experience, most companies still do not consider the funnel and do not control the effectiveness of HR managers.
So… why would you need automation in the first place? It makes the process of hiring employees transparent; that is, it makes it possible to track the candidate’s path from the application to an offer of employment and the work of the HR employee. In addition, the manual processing of each application leaves a greater probability of inattention, human error, loss of information about the applicant, and, as a result, fewer interviews, whereas the robot guarantees processing of 100% of applications.
Solution - Voice Bot Recruiter
We will examine in more detail how exactly the bot helps in hiring:
1. Increasing candidate loyalty through processing speed. For mass hiring, a call center employee can call the candidate back at best a couple of hours after an application is submitted. The robot, on the other hand, does this instantly, which, first, increases the candidate’s loyalty to the employer and has a positive effect on the HR brand, and second, does not allow the request to “become obsolete” and lose its relevance.
2. Preliminary screening of irrelevant calls and applications. Besides the fact that a potential candidate may change his/her mind or respond to another vacancy without waiting for a call, applications may not be relevant at all. Often, this happens in cases where marketing agencies are involved in hiring staff who don’t have the proper qualifications, generating inappropriate leads. With the robot, call center employees no longer need to waste time on unqualified candidates.
3. Automatic entry of candidate data into a single database. The system provides accurate storage of all information about applicants, eliminating human errors.
How the Bot Recruiter Works
There are three main channels for receiving applications: a hotline, a feedback form on the company's website or promo-landing where the applicant leaves his/her contact information for a call back, and responses on recruiting sites.
In the first case, the call is immediately sent to the Voximplant platform and enters the smart voice menu. If a chime is required, then the data is first transferred to the PBX, which in turn sends a request to the robot. The system makes several attempts to dial the applicant. If the connection is successful, the robot verifies the information on the questionnaire and requests the missing data, and then returns the updated status to the PBX. If during a conversation there is a need for human intervention, the robot transfers the call to an HR specialist.
Conversation between the Bot and the Candidate
Let's look at an example of recruitment at a fast food restaurant. The applicant calls the hotline number, the bot greets him/her and asks a number of questions,among them:
- First and last name,
- The location where the candidate would like to work,
- A convenient time for a face-to-face interview at the restaurant.
Having recognized all of the answers, the robot independently makes an appointment with the candidate and enters the meeting on the HR specialist’s calendar. The questionnaire completed during the conversation is also transmitted to the manager in writing.
On the day before the interview, the robot calls the applicant to remind him/her about the meeting or to reschedule if one of the parties has changed plans. The task of the system is to ensure that candidates reach the face-to-face interview stage; the rest depends on the HR department staff.
Cases and Numbers
Case №1: KFC. When selecting staff, colleagues faced the problem of a large number of substandard applications, which took up a large part of the operators’ time. While processing responses to unqualified candidates, candidates that met qualifications were losing their relevance due to delayed response times.
As a result of automation, the conversion has noticeably increased: now, approximately 15-20% of the total number of candidates are accepted into the state each month. At the same time, the number of operators processing questionnaires was reduced, and the risks associated with human error were practically eliminated.
The robot processes applications 10 times faster than humans.
37% of applications are screened as irrelevant without the need for human intervention.
Conversion rates increased by 11%.
Case №2: Another large fast food restaurant chain. In this case, the robot communicates with the candidate and immediately transfers him/her to the operator, so that the candidate can be scheduled for an interview with the local manager. Thanks to the bot, the recruiter takes the call, having received, in advance, data on the age, citizenship, city of residence, and the preferred area of work of the candidate. The employee does not have to spend time asking unnecessary questions and the candidate’s loyalty is increased due to the speed of application processing.
Conversion rates increased 1.5 times.
The cost of processing each candidate decreased by 1.5 times.
A robot is five times cheaper than a human operator.