Call tracking lets you analyze the effectiveness of marketing channels and optimize your campaigns accordingly. It is easy to implement call tracking with Voximplant and get all information about calls going via the system, including the dialed number, call time and call duration, number where it is forwarded, call record and much more. You can get phone numbers either from Voximplant directly, or connect your own phone numbers via SIP trunk.
Let us create a Voximplant call tracking application:
- Login into the Voximplant control panel.
- Create new application in the Applications section and call it calltracking.
- Create new scenario in the Scenarios section with the following code:
- Edit your application at the control panel and add an app rule to forward inbound calls to the created scenario. You can call it InboundTracking, no need to change default Pattern, do not forget to drag&drop the scenario to Assigned list before pressing the Add button.
- Rent a phone number(s) in Phone numbers section of the control panel and then assigned it to calltracking app.
- If you do not forget to change wsURL in the scenario to something that returns phone number for call forwarding then you can make a call to the number you have and see the tracking in action. You can also make a trick to see the call info in the logs – change the lines 23-25 to emulate a successful request to a 3rd party analytics tool:
It is a very simple example of a call tracking app. You can modify it to let the scenario forward the call to a few numbers simultaneously or try to call them one-by-one until somebody answers. If the call is not forwarded correctly you can always make a callback to the customer.
Call results can be obtained from the call history. To access them, you can either go to the Calls section in the Control panel or use the GetCallHistory API method.
Save some data to the customData parameter and then use it, e.i. to get statistics, through the
call_session_history_custom_data parameter of the aforementioned GetCallHistory method.