The Voximplant Kit softphone is a dialer that allows you to make and receive calls. To start using the softphone enable this function in the Voximplant Kit account.
As an agent, you can use the softphone to call customers directly from your workspace if a call ends within a queue.
- Log in to your Voximplant Kit account.
- Click Settings > General.
- In the Call permissions tab, enable the Outbound calls switch to activate the softphone.
Users with Administrator or Owner roles can configure the Caller ID displayed in the dialer in the General settings section or the Edit group section. The caller ID configured in the Edit group section overrides the caller ID configured in the General settings section.
After the softphone is activated, you can start using it for outbound calls.
- Click the Softphone icon in the bottom left corner.
- In the Contacts tab, the system displays the phone numbers of other users assigned to the account.
- In the Keypad tab, enter an external phone number and click Call. You can change the Caller ID if this option is enabled in the General settings section.
- In the Recent calls tab, review the call history if needed. The system displays missed calls, inbound calls, outbound calls, and transferred calls.
You can build in the softphone to your CRM or web applications and use it for processing calls. The embeddable softphone allows you to use your application along with the softphone functionality.
After you build in the Voximplant Kit softphone, you can handle inbound and outbound calls.
- Sign in to the embeddable softphone.
- In the upper right corner of the embeddable softphone, enable the switch to start receiving new calls. Your status changes to Ready.
The softphone statuses are based on the Workspace statuses. To learn more about them, click here.
- To answer an inbound call, click the green button. You can view the call data before accepting the call.
- To make an outbound call, use the keypad. Note that you can change the Caller ID of the outbound call if this option is enabled in the General settings section.
- On the call control panel, you can mute, put on hold, transfer, or end the call.
- Click the Information button on the call control panel to view tags and the contact card.
In your Workspace you can edit and update contact cards of existing contacts and create new contacts. You can add tags to a contact card if needed.
- To transfer a call to another agent, click Transfer on the control panel and select the agent to whom you want to transfer the call.
In the softphone, the contact list is based on the list of users assigned to the account.
You have three options to transfer a call:
Ask the agent before transferring
Transfer to an external phone number
- After you transfer the call, you can drop it or hold on and monitor the conversation.
- Click the red button to end the call.
Use the Recent calls tab to review the call history if needed. The system displays missed, inbound, and outbound calls.
To minimize the softphone panel, click the cross button under it.