WhatsApp is a simple channel that can make the communication between you and your clients much easier. Use edna, the omnichannel platform for digital communication, to set up a WhatsApp Business channel.
Before connect a Whatsapp Business channel via edna, you need to create the edna account and configure the Facebook Business Manager account. See information on how to configure a Facebook Business Manager account here.
- Log in to your edna account.
- In the right upper corner, click your profile icon and select Profile from the drop-down list.
- In the profile window, go to Templates of service messages and click the side arrow.
- In the Templates window, click Create.
- Fill in the mandatory fields.
- Click Submit to registration.
Video instructions are available here
After edna accepts your application, you receive the edna subject and API token that you need to provide to the Voximplant Kit support for internal configuration. To get the edna subject and API token, do the following:
- In the edna account, click Dashboard and copy your edna subject.
- To copy your API token, click Profile in the right upper corner, go to the API Token section and copy the generated API token.
- While you are still viewing the API Token section, enter the callback URL generated in your Voximplant Kit account.
To configure your Whatsapp chatbot in Voximplant Kit, do the following:
- Log in to your Voximplant Kit account.
- Select Settings > Channels and click Whatsapp.
- Enter the phone number in the Channel name and Sender number fields.
- Enter the name you want to be displayed in the chatbot in the Client ID field.
You need to provide the edna subject and API token you received to the Voximplant Kit support for internal configuration.
- The Access token, Refresh token, and Secret ID fields are filled in automatically.
- In the Redirect channel messages field, select the department you want to redirect messages.
- Add skills, if needed.
- Click Save changes.