WebRTC logs help developers and Voximplant technical support in case of issues with audio or video connections. Right now only Chrome and Firefox web browsers can create such logs, and this article provides a step-by-step guide on how to download them.
Chrome web browser
- The browser tracks and logs all WebRTC connections, so close all tabs and restart the browser.
- Open a new tab and point it to the "chrome://webrtc-internals/" URL.
- Open the Web application being debugged and reproduce the problem.
- Go back to the "chrome://webrtc-internals/" tab, there will be at least two tabs: 5. GetUserMedia Requests and https://your/appllication/url. You'll see logs along with stats graphs.
- Choose the tab with the name of your application and save the page content as Web Page, Complete.
Stats graphs are not available in the saved file! We recommend either to analyze graphs while being on the chrome://webrtc-internals/ tab, or make screenshots for further usage.
Firefox web browser
- Close all tabs, open a new one and point it to the "about:webrtc" URL.
- Open the Web application being debugged in the new tab and reproduce the problem.
- Go back to the "about:webrtc" tab and save the page content as Web Page, Complete.