About the opportunity
Voximplant is seeking a data-driven, hands-on, and energetic business development professional to lead all efforts for a rapid-growth, private equity-backed business.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Business Development is responsible for go-to-market strategy and client expansion of new business opportunities. In this role, the incumbent will develop, coordinate and implement plans designed to capture new opportunities with ISVs, SaaS and cloud partners.
- Design, develop and execute a go-to-market strategy to capture new business.
- Attract, retain, develop, motivate, and mentor a top performing team with talented and driven professionals who consistently beat established goals and targets.
- Identify and contact potential customers for new business opportunities.
- Build positive relationships with existing customers for repeat business.
- Monitor competitor products, pricing, weakness and strengths to secure our market positions.
- Execute Voximplant’s sales plan and strategy to increase business opportunities.
- Maintain a database of potential new customers and/or opportunities.
- Account management and business development processes.
- Maintain integrity and quality in all business-related operations and activities.
- Prepare and deliver business presentations to customers.
- Provide weekly business reporting and forecasting to management via CRM.
- Collaborate with VP of Marketing to determine selling and marketing strategies.
- Respond personally to the customer’s queries and complaints promptly and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience selling in a competitive Market.
- Must have experience selling a SaaS solution.
- Microsoft Office intermediate skill level for Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Other computer systems or skills: CRM (Salesforce, Quick Base, etc.), and UcaaS/UpaaS.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, task driven.
- Works well across multiple functions and geographies.
- Entrepreneurial - motivated by the opportunity to be a part of a small team and growing business
- Balanced - a “work hard, play hard” winner that can balance competitiveness with humility, not only doing the “right thing” but doing the “thing right"
- Innovative & Scrappy – a growth hacker marketer that thinks “outside the nine dots” with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to get things done
- Problem Solver - applies an analytical approach to solving problems and reaching logical conclusions through gathering information from a variety of sources to quickly gain an understanding of the data
- Effective Communicator - conveys relevant information, verbally and/or written, appropriately tailored to the intended audience in a timely and concise manner. Able to effectively influence and persuade others, listen effectively
- Analytical and Strategic - gather and analyze relevant facts and data to establish root causes and core issues; make timely and sound decisions to effect profitable business outcomes; possesses ability to think strategically and execute with a sense of urgency and with quality
- Team Player – thrives in a collaborative environment to achieve common goals and objectives
and follow up as needed to ensure understanding
- Effective Leader - provide clear direction, establish goals and appropriate time frames, manage conflicting priorities, delegate/empower others, remove obstacles and secure needed resources to deliver results
- Able to Develop Other Team Members - attract, develop, and retain high-performers, provide feedback on performance candidly and directly; provides and open forum to discuss career goals and aspirations; encourages and empowers the success of others