The Head Of Documentation is responsible for delivering the best-in-class documentation for Voximplant platform developers. The right person would be running constant documentation analyses, collecting feedback from the development team, and creating/executing a plan to solve any problems that may arise. Other responsibilities include managing the team of technical writers and communicating with Voximplant tech and product teams for updates regarding upcoming product updates.
Performance metrics for the Head of Documentation role include:
- Number of requests to technical support with questions about implementing different types of services and solutions using the platform
- Number of developers registrations from posts and articles written by the technical writers' team
- Google search performance when it comes to finding the information available in the documentation
- Amount of development community members
- In addition to measurable metrics, we would also consider developers' satisfaction when it comes to working with the documentation and ease-of-use in respect to finding relevant information.
Your previous experience:
- 5+ years of experience in creating and managing documentation for platforms or tools for developers (cloud platforms/PaaS preferred).
- Creative problem solver with the know-how to get things done and the ability to lead others to success
- Advanced writing skills (English)
- Managing team of technical writers
- Product/project management
Previous experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP, NoSQL, RDBMS)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, MicrosoftAzure) and cloud application architecture.
- Building apps based on Twilio, Sinch, Vonage APIs, is a big plus.