read more >>>
We have released new version of Web SDK, it has been fully rewritten. New version will help us to accelerate the development process and includes a lot of new features and improvements. Key features of Voximplant’s Web SDK 4.0 include:
- Support for audio calls in Microsoft Edge. With Microsoft recently updating the browser’s web and audio support, Voximplant is one of the first companies to make its platform compatible with Edge. With Web SDK 4.0, web apps are empowered to handle incoming and outgoing voice calls from within the Edge web browser. Video calls in Edge will be functional as soon as VP9 or h.264 codec support is added to the browser.
- Video can be enabled during an existing audio call. Now developers can create web apps that offer a Skype-like "enable video" option during active audio calls. Video can be enabled or disabled at any time during the call.
- Both local and remote audio and video streams can be modified by applying filters. Developers can now modify video and audio streams in realtime. Possible applications of this feature include using video and audio filters to add watermarks, hide or alter faces, mask voices, etc.
- h.264 video codec can be set as "high priority”. The "h.264" video codec is known for its valuable speed in modern hardware, especially in mobile devices. Developers can now force this codec to provide better video quality with less CPU usage.
- Reduced latency of audio and video calls.
- Improved syncing between audio and video tracks.
- Calls within the Chrome browser now maintain better performance – even with poor network conditions.
- Audio and video codec priorities can be manually configured.
- Full support for WebRTC to offer users the best in voice and video quality.